an incorporated association of seven Aeromodelling Clubs located in the Australian Capital Territory or elsewhere.
We operate under a Constitution . We have a total membership in excess of 280 people resident in the ACT and surrounding areas.
See Maps and Club Pictures .
ACTAA's place in the worldwide network of organized aeromodelling bodies is at the Australian State level.
We do this by...
- providing official Model Aeronautical Association of Australia (MAAA)
membership services for our clubs --
collecting annual MAAA affiliation and Public Liability Insurance
fees, distributing MAAA membership cards and so on
- appointing a Chief Flying Instructor to administer standard Pilot Competency Tests in the ACT , in accordance with MOP027.
- choosing Inspectors to prepare Permits to Fly for model aircraft with a weight in excess of seven kilograms, as required by MOP015.
- electing a Safety Officer to administer the safety procedures to be implemented at Club Fields and Public Displays, as specified by MOP019.
- liaising with relevant State and Federal Government Agencies
- administering ACT Aeromodelling Championships
- producing, collecting, publishing and distributing information of importance and
interest to ACTAA aeromodellers, particularly Coming Events and Competition Results.
|Our mission is to...
promote and support the design, building and flying of model aircraft
for sport and recreation while maintaining good relationships with the local communities.