an incorporated association of seven Aeromodelling Clubs located in the Australian Capital Territory and surrounding region. We operate under a Constitution. We have a total membership in excess of 280 people resident in the ACT and surrounding areas. See Maps and Club Pictures. ACTAA's position in the worldwide network of organized aeromodelling bodies is at the Australian State level.
We do this by...
- providing official Model Aeronautical Association of Australia (MAAA) membership services for our clubs -- collecting annual MAAA affiliation and Public Liability Insurance fees, distributing MAAA membership cards and so on
- appointing a Chief Flying Instructor to administer standard Pilot Competency Tests in the ACT , in accordance with MAAA MOP027.
- choosing Inspectors to prepare Permits to Fly for model aircraft with a weight in excess of seven kilograms, as required byMOP015.
- electing a Safety Officer to administer the safety procedures to be implemented at Club Fields and Public Displays, as specified by MOP019.
- liaising with relevant State and Federal Government Agencies
- coordinating ACTAA aeromodelling contests and rallies
- producing, collecting, publishing and distributing information of importance and interest to ACTAA aeromodellers, particularlyComing Events and Competition Results.